Yellowstone - 2011

We got a double-dose of Goodman fun this summer when we met my family in Yellowstone this summer for our first ever Goodman Family Reunion. My parents and all of my siblings, with the exception of my brother who is on a mission, got to come. It was a bit of a shock for the Missouri clan. They were in the middle of a record-setting heat wave when they came out and they went from nasty hot weather to cold, rainy weather in 24 hours. Still, it was better than the heat and we had a lot of fun. Even Rebecca and Nathan, whose van bit the dust on the drive out, managed to have a good time.
This is my favorite picture. My two favorite guys in front of an incredible view. It doesn't even look real...but it is!


The kids asked to go back to the "stinky pots" for several weeks afterwards.
It would appear that we rarely clean our kids' faces.

In front of Old Faithful. We got there just in time and didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes.



Aunt Christy planned some super fun games to play.


Aunt Kerri brought some fun things to make. The kids made boats. We planned to have a contest floating them in the lake, but we never quite got to that.
It's hard to see past the dirt, but the girls had fun putting on glitter makeup and fingernail polish. Mackenzie and Shaylee fixed the girls hair everyday.

The weather was cool, the mosquitoes were the worst I had ever experienced (they bit us through our clothes and even the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet had bites), and we got rained out the last day and had to leave early. But we had a great time and I'm excited for the next reunion.

Comments

Kris said…
dear aunt and uncle I want to see more!

-Tommy R Snow

Popular posts from this blog

NICU

Good News!

Christmas in Missouri