Good News!

I have some great news I want to share!  Last week marked the beginning of the 4th month of Chemo. Because I had passed the half-way point, a new blood test was taken to see where my cancer markers were.  This is done to make sure that the chemo is doing its job.  The cancer marker test for Ovarian Cancer is the CA-125 test.  A normal range for CA-125 is below 35.  When I was first diagnosed, my score was 668.  After surgery, right before I first round of chemo, my score had dropped to 194.  As of last week, my latest score is a whopping 32!

I haven't actually talked to my oncologist yet...I just pulled this score from my lab report online. When I was in the hospital following surgery, an oncologist came to visit with me and told me that the best outcomes happen when the CA-125 test is in the normal range at the half-way point of chemo.  That is what I have been praying and hoping for and I'm so relieved to see that it has happened!

I look forward to talking to my oncologist this week and getting more information from him.  In the meantime, my family and I are celebrating.  I promised the kid that we could go to iFly to celebrate when I am cancer-free.  It looks like that will be happening sooner rather than later!

Comments

Unknown said…
Woo-Hoo!!! I am so thrilled for you and your family! It goes to show the power of prayer- and you have many on your behalf all across the country. Go celebrate!
I am so happy to read this!
Cathy said…
That's so awesome!!!! I'm glad it's working and inspired by your continued positive outlook.
Unknown said…
(((hugs))) what wonderful news! Your positive energy and outlook is awesome. I am so excited to see you all ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

NICU

Ryder's 1st Haircut